These are a bunch of edited and new whims / whim sets for basic buy whims.
I’ve split them up into four packages; here’s what each one does:
Build Pool Whim Override:
- Changes the text so that it talks about building a pool, not buying a pool .. from Build Mode. That just sounds confused. Also skips the redundant “at least 1×1”, because how can a pool be any less than that size? The text override is US English only.
- Resurrects the Build Pool whim icon that apparently went overboard at some point.
- Filters the whim so that only adults with at least 3 Fitness and children with at least 6 Motor skill will get it.
Overrides 0x598F28E7-0x00000000-0x00000000000195E0 Whim_BuyPool
Basic Buy Overrides:
- Removes “Buy TV”, “Buy Computer”, and “Buy Dishwasher” from the “Basic” whimset, as that is quite high priority and those things are not basics IMO ‒ these whims are now in the additional set, see below
- Also removes sofas and loveseats from the criteria for the “Buy Chair” whim, making it purely a chair whim (sofas and loveseats are split up and moved to the additional whimset below)
- “Buy TV”, “Buy Computer”, “Buy Stereo” and “Buy Dishwasher” whims are tuned so that Frugal sims will not get them; Stereo gives 25 points instead of 50
- “Buy a Book” is now triggered by not owning a book instead of by not owning a stove >.<
Overrides the following:0x28B64675-0x00000000-0x000000000000905A whimset_BuyBasics
Whimset: Buy More Basics ‒ additional buy whims
- Includes Buy Trashcan, Buy Counters, Buy Table, Buy Lights, and Buy Sink whims and objectives; they have a slightly lower priority than the above list
- The Trashcan and Counter whims are for YA and older, Sink is for Teen and older, tables and lights for everyone
Whimset: Buy More Stuff ‒ More additional buy whims
- Includes Buy TV, Buy Stereo, Buy Dishwasher, Buy Computer, Buy Mirror, Buy Sofa/Loveseat, and Buy Living Chair whims and objectives; they have a slightly lower priority than the above list (and are also not called “necessities” in the interface)
- Frugal sims will not get the Sofa and Loveseat whims
I’ve used existing in-game icons where possible, the rest has a plain Simoleon icon. Made and tested in v1.13.